Sunday, March 29, 2009
Artwork in New Orleans!
So as you know from my previous post, I was ALL about the art in New Orleans... I went to countless galleries and museums and was really impressed by the collections that I saw... The pictures below are from the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, The Contemporary Arts Center, the New Orleans Museum of Art, and some art from the hotel and various places in new Orleans... This was one of the best days I had on my trip; just going around from place to place, enjoying art from all eras and places... ENJOY!

This piece was in the Ogden... The pics below it are close-ups of the pieces... Smaller pictures of the other face, makes up the faces... Really cool in person... Made of some sort of felt-like material..

This is a Tony Smith piece, which was really cool because I had to do a presentation on him for my art class and really enjoyed his work... Located at the NOMA... Which had a sculpture garden that seemed really cool, but it closed and we didn't have time to check it out...
A piece outside the "O..." I think it was titled, "Myself, Flower, and Knife"
These pieces are from the Peter Saul exhibition at the CAC... Really cool and controversial...
This was titled something along the lines of "[Columbus Meeting the Natives]"






This piece titled "Bunny" was in Lafayette Square...
Lafayette Sq. as well... Artistic street lights...

In the New Orleans Arena....
One of the lighting pieces in our hotel... Made out of blown glass...

At the airport.

There you go! Some of the art that I saw while in New Orleans... I hope you enjoyed the pieces.... I know I did!!!

Thanks for tuning in...

Jose

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Blogger sean michael said...
Pretty dope, glad you got to take in the culture of the city rather than just the party life. Do you know if the Chandelier in ur hotel was a Dale Chihuly? If so it was worth A LOT of $$$$$$$. i had a project to do on him and that
looks like his work.

Post a Comment