Wednesday, March 11, 2009
New Orleans!!!

Hey ALL!!! It's been a few days... But I am happy to say that all my work for this week is DONE!!! In the past week I had 4 projects due and 3 midterms... The beauty of being an Art major... It was awful, I should probably be sleeping now to catch up on the numerous hours that I lost due to all this work... But I am just too excited!!! It honestly feel like a Friday for me!!!

But, as you can see by the title of the post, I am going down to New Orleans for a week for Spring break. I'm heading down with a couple of friends and now that all my work is done, it is finally hitting me... I'm just counting down the hours... I'm really excited. Now that I have a little bit of change to take some time to travel, I want to make the best of it and take full advantage of the opportunity... Now you may be thinking... "It's just New Orleans...." but the things is that I have never really traveled out of the Northeast... Born in MA I never had the luxury of taking trips during breaks to jump on roller coasters at Disney World... Truth is I had to hustle up money to catch the bus.... But now, it's time to venture out like I always wished I could... This will be my first "real" vacation and my first time flying... That sounds really strange since flying is so common now, but like I said, never had the luxury... The more I think about it, the more excited and nervous I am... I just don't know what to expect... I just hate the idea of being in some sort of moving object and not having any power at all....

But anyhow, New Orleans.... I've been wanting to go down for quiet some time... Was hoping to go several years ago, but Katrina changed those plans... I'm just really excited to experience the culture and appreciate what is left and the process of the re-build... There's just sooooo much... I have been searching constantly for things to do and I think there are a few things that will definitely happen:

1) Hornets game (CP3 is amazing)
2) Trip to Audubon Nature Institute
3) Eat A LOT of food... : )
4) Bourbon St. of course...

As well as some other things that I will inform you about throughout the trip...

Also, I am staying at probably one of the nicest hotels I have seen... The Renaissance Arts Hotel... The building was an old warehouse from the early 20th century and had been restored with a new sleek/modern touch... Two things that I love in design... The place also features a rooftop pool and spa that will definitely be used several hours each day... Laying out, looking at the city, taking it all in... CANNOT WAIT!!!


So yea, I'm really excited about this trip and I will be sure to keep you updated throughout the week or when I get back....

Thanks for tuning in...

Jose

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Blogger sean michael said...
Good Post, You'll have a good time in N.O.L.A. remember thats the history of our fam in this country, so take it all in, then we'll all go down together and spend time with all the relatives we have left. HAVE FUN and LIVE IT UP

Reading this got me a lil Jealous. Camp David aint exactly Nawlens. Make sure you eat the food (you said you would) also...get the window seat on the plane if this is your first time. Have fun...be safe...bring some t-shirts to sell. ha.

2040.

Blogger Jaz said...
Ahhh!

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, so much culture in one small section of the U.S.

I hope you brought your cam. Have loads of fun, a safe flight and I hope you get some inspiration!!

Spread the love.

Post a Comment