Thursday, March 26, 2009
"Untitled"

Hey all! So I know I haven't posted much from my trip to NOLA last week, but I have been catching up with some work as well as sorting all the pics that I took... I have over 1,000 pictures from New Orleans and I want to make sure that my post aren't just "randoms" but rather have some meaning behind them... So those will come SOON!!! PROMISE... : )

On another note, today was the annual 'Festival of the Arts' here at UMass... After waking up from a nap I contemplated going because I wanted to check out the poetry, singing, etc... But I ended up not making the trip to the S.U.B. for several reasons, 1)it was raining and 2)college basketball was on... And I was glad with my choice because I got to catch a few great games... I still cannot believe that Pitt squeezed out another victory late in the game... But you have to give them credit, those Pitt kids are tough... (by "kids" I meant "men," Fields is at least 26... haha)

But since I didn't go to the event I figured I would share some of my own art with you all... This is a poem I wrote recently and it's "Untitled" still and I feel it's still 'incomplete...' I think it will be added to soon... But here it is...

"Untitled"

As I lay here staring in the dark, I realize I can't sleep...
I-just-can't-sleep...
All I want to do is hold you and care for you,
Hold you and care for you...
Like nothing that you've ever had...
Hold you and care for you...
I want to rub your back until I am familiar with every square inch of it...
Til' I get to a point where blind folded,
I know exactly where hands are...
I want to run my fingers through your hair,
As I stare into your eyes...
And just lose myself in you as I count the number of eyelashes on your left eye...
I want to rest my head on your chest and just listen...
Listen to the rhythm of the drum that is banging in your body,
Your heart...
Playing a song that is perfectly composed...
I want to tap my finger on your shoulder and play that beat for both of us to hear...
I want to breathe when you do...
Inhale.......
Exhale.......
I want our breathing to be the same,
So, when I hold you in my arms...
Our bodies move in the same motion,
As if we were on a tropical island dancing the night away...
Our bodies....
ONE.
I want to kiss you every time like it is the last time,
The last time that we will see each other...
Our lips touching,
Instantly creating a spark hot enough to ignite any flame...
Hotter than the warmth between out bodies as they rub together...
I WANT TO MAKE LOVE.
Make love to your mind and make you climax as you tell me your deepest secrets...
As you open yourself up to me and lie there...
VULNERABLE,
but yet,
SAFE... In my arms...
I want.... I want.... I want....
I know I want a lot and I may not deserve it all...
But the one thing that I really want...
Is for YOU to want the same.

Thanks for tuning in...

Jose
0 Comments:

Post a Comment