Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Its My Birthday
July 9th, 1989 the world was introduced to a wonderful young man.... His name, Jose Cotto... His purpose, to change the world, for the better....

I've never been really big on birthdays.... I can recall one that went by unnoticed.... Nobody remembered it.... But it wasn't a big deal to me, it was just another day out of the year... And I always felt like I should be celebrating everyday for the simple fact everyday alive is a blessing.... However in the matter of hours I will be 20....

20 years old... No longer a teen... (although I've haven't felt like a teen for years.....) I just can't believe that I've been on this planet for two decades.... That to me is a lot of time in comparison with what I have accomplished....

I guess the reason this birthday feels different is because its another decade down.... I have a weird approach to life and I think about death a lot and since nobody can prove what happens afterwards.... I try to remind myself that it'll happen so I better put in overtime to get stuff done.... Its weird, but keeps me motivated when I need to do work....

On a lighter note, I'm glad to be home and spend my birthday with family and to be on break from school.... However I'm starting my first day of work at my dads office doing some research for some grants.... So it shouldn't be too bad....

Happy Birthday to anyone who has a birthday tomorrow!

Thanks for tuning in....

Jose

1 Comments:
Blogger 11111 said...
First, Happy Birthday! Second, I feel like I wrote this entry. We have a lot in common regarding birthdays, the future, and mortality. See you in 2040 brotha.

Post a Comment