Monday, May 31, 2010
Memorial Day
Happy Memorial Day!?

Every year, when Memorial Day comes around, I think the same thing... What exactly are people 'celebrating?' I understand the idea of remembering those who have served in the military, but I always try to look at the entire picture... When I think of Memorial Day, I don't just think about the soldiers that have fallen while 'protecting this country,' I think about why those people died, what their families feel, if they killed anyone themselves, how did they impact another familie's life (the 'enemy')? These are the things that I believe people should start thinking of... And the questions that we need to start raising... I understand the notion that it is 'admirable' to serve your country, but what exactly are these troops fighting for? Why are people dying? Is it to 'protect our freedom,' like the Gov't says? Is it to protect our democracy? (Do we even have a democracy? other conversation...)

I do not know the answer to any of these questions... And I am not saying that we shouldn't remember those who served; however we should begin to question things and understand why things are... And even once we do, we should look at the entire picture and realize that a lot of these so called 'heroes' are considered murderers and villains to others... And those people are neither wrong nor right.

I will stop here, because I do not want to ramble about my dislike of U.S armed forces... But remember that there are always multiple sides to a story and it is not fair for us to only look at the side that 'idolizes' those closest to us.

Open your eyes and see the world for what it truly is, not what you think it is...

Thanks for tuning in...

Jose
0 Comments:

Post a Comment